Write for Us
Are you an experienced four-wheel driver, outback adventurer, camper, bushwalker, or just love travelling around Australia? Do you have experiences or knowledge that you want to share with a large online audience? We want to hear from you!
What we're looking for
We are looking for quality writers that will inspire our readers to go off-the-beaten track and plan, discover and share their own adventures in Australia or North America. Ideally, we are looking for pieces regarding topics such as:
- Advice/tips about navigation and maps
- Secret spots/locations that other explorers will love
- Trip preparation guides (See Trip Preparation)
- Reports of your off-road trips (see Trip Reports)
- 4WD and bushwalking tracks
- Adventure travel
- Off-road travel
- Remote and outback travel
- Four-wheel driving
- Caravans and touring
- Travelling with a camper trailer
- Mountain/bush exploration
Why Write For HemaMaps.com?
Hema Maps has been operating for over 30 years. Our website generates over 65,000 unique visitors and 250,000+ pageviews per month. Additionally, you’ll not only gain from the exposure of our strong website audience, but you will also benefit from our substantial following on social media. Your content will be shared with our 60,000+ Facebook followers, your photos will posted to 30,000+ Instagram feeds, and may be included in our weekly email newsletter sent to over 80,000 subscribers.
In addition to this, you will also be provided with a link to your website within the author byline at the start of your article, plus attribution for any provided photos.
- Pitch your idea first by providing a few post suggestions that you intend to write about.
- Provide samples of your previously written content so we can gauge the quality of your writing (more samples increases your chance of being successful).
- We will contact you by email following your initial pitch.
- Content must provide our readers with tips and advice that they can use on their own adventures.
- Quality writing that is free from spelling and grammar errors.
- 500+ words minimum.
- Provide original content that has not been published elsewhere on the Internet.
- Remember to include your author byline at the beginning of your article or we will provide one for you.
- We reserve the right to place a “nofollow” attribute on any website links with low SEO metrics.
- We reserve the right to add/remove any additional contextual links within the copy and remove any dead/broken links in the future.
- We don’t pay contributors for content.
- Please don’t publish the content that you provide on another website after we publish it. You are more than welcome to share the post on your own social media accounts.
- We accept all types of contributors, some more regular than others. You can write as a once off or a regular contributor.
If you think you would make a good contribution to the Hema Maps website, please fill out the form below and we will be in touch by email asap.